Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Food Court Press

Recoiling in despair, I sit surrounded by talking bodies and cooked flesh…the turmoil in my soul drowned out by the teenaged riot at the next table.

Old faces munching on sustenance, young babies crying out for more. My heart remains caught in a vacuum, stuck in a perpetual state of withdrawal.

Only my soul knows the location of the key to unlock this monstrous gate.

Caught in the crossfire, anyone who comes to know me now is destined to forget, as I have. No longer do I pulse with energy, now I simply exist…like a zombie in a forest clearing, staring at all sides with nowhere to go. Delight at my circumstance…as I dance a jig with the demon himself. He hovers over me like a swarm of magnets.

Alone, I am but a conduit for empty feelings and thoughts. In person, I am a cool ghost wrapped in a cloak of petulance and broken glass…stay away! radiates from me like a sonar signal, indecipherable to the naked ear…but felt nevertheless.

Nevermind...

While angry hordes of young ego’s scream for attention loud and proud, they voice their being with foul lips and twisted ball caps…big coats and heavy chains. Decoration or protection? Everyone wants to stand out the same. All striving for the perfect balance of cool and right. Oh how we all want to be right.

Something will come. Nervous insides twist and curl up into a bitter ball in my chest. A pulsating core. Tired arms, tired eyes, tired heart…sleep won’t save me now. I’m as uncomfortable as I’ve ever been, but I feel right at home…alone on my plastic island.


4 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

Holy mother. best post so far.

11/15/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger neil said...

Thanks J...I wasn't sure, but that means a lot coming from you bro. Who knew inspiration could be found in the mall food court?

11/15/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, longchamp pas cher, polo outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, replica watches, kate spade outlet, replica watches, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, burberry pas cher, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike roshe, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, nike free run, ray ban sunglasses

8/18/2016 11:43 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, ghd hair, ray ban, p90x workout, hollister clothing, instyler, asics running shoes, herve leger, lancel, babyliss, louboutin, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, baseball bats, converse, hollister, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, nike air max, chi flat iron, insanity workout, bottega veneta, reebok outlet, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, nike air max, converse outlet, celine handbags, timberland boots, iphone cases, beats by dre, north face outlet, wedding dresses, vans outlet, mac cosmetics, lululemon, mcm handbags, oakley, gucci, nike roshe run, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike trainers uk, hermes belt, jimmy choo outlet, vans, nfl jerseys

8/18/2016 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home