Sunday, December 17, 2006

Where's Neil?



I just wanted to make a ‘correction’ to my last post when talking about me having ‘nobody’. That isn’t true. Despite our sandpaper type relationship, I do still appreciate the fact that both my parents are still alive, and still together. I love both my mother and father, but our relationship is difficult. There is love, respect, caring…but also a lot of head scratching, head shaking, occasional frustration and borderline disgust. My parents are good people, but at this point in our lives, we have very little in common.

I also have a younger brother who, after years of looking up to me, has now surpassed me in almost every way. I was a very good soccer player…he is a great one. I was moderately popular back in the day…my brother still is, and to a greater degree. Etc. He’s even more artistic than I am in many ways…and while I know he did all this on his own, I like to think that the example I set (both positive and negative) helped him in some way…but like my parents, he and I are quite different and are motivated by totally different things. Having said that though, I think he’s the only person in the world that I’d take a bullet for without a second thought. He is, after all, my little brother…and despite outweighing me by a good 40 pounds, he always will be.

My family is a lot smaller than it has been in years past. In the last 5 years we’ve lost an Uncle, an Aunt and the family matriarch…my Gran…and the remaining members of our tiny extended family are separated by an Ocean…but while distance and time are tough obstacles to overcome when it comes to family, blood is blood…and there is an unspoken, undefined bond that binds us together…so even if I can’t see them, or talk to them, or give them a big hug, I still ‘feel’ them…and that is something.

So…while it may feel like I have nothing, I know deep down I am a lucky guy to have a family…and being the black sheep of the flock is alright, cause at least I’ve got a flock to call my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, longchamp pas cher, polo outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, replica watches, kate spade outlet, replica watches, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, burberry pas cher, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike roshe, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, nike free run, ray ban sunglasses

8/18/2016 11:44 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, ghd hair, ray ban, p90x workout, hollister clothing, instyler, asics running shoes, herve leger, lancel, babyliss, louboutin, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, baseball bats, converse, hollister, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, nike air max, chi flat iron, insanity workout, bottega veneta, reebok outlet, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, nike air max, converse outlet, celine handbags, timberland boots, iphone cases, beats by dre, north face outlet, wedding dresses, vans outlet, mac cosmetics, lululemon, mcm handbags, oakley, gucci, nike roshe run, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike trainers uk, hermes belt, jimmy choo outlet, vans, nfl jerseys

8/18/2016 11:56 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, canada goose, coach outlet, toms shoes, montre pas cher, ugg uk, pandora jewelry, moncler, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, swarovski, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, marc jacobs, canada goose, doudoune moncler, ugg, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, moncler uk, canada goose uk, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, pandora uk, pandora charms, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, supra shoes

8/19/2016 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home