Monday, December 04, 2006

The 411

I’ve got big plans and even bigger dreams. But I’m stalling…have been for a while, only I’m not sure why anymore? It's in my head. I’m intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, stubborn, a loner. But I’m also unsure. I can be quite charming and funny…but I don’t control the switch. I lack the type of self-confidence that results in a fine, streamlined exterior, but inside…I’m the Aura Borealis. At gatherings I’m usually shy and uncomfortable. I cannot mingle and I don’t know where my pack is. I’m a very good judge of character…if I think your cool, I’ll let you know about it. I see through the bullshit. I don’t like games, but I’ll play if I think she’s worth it...(come on, who wouldn't???) I like fleece coats, ‘double’ socks and long johns. Comfort over Style…unless it’s demanded. I think my taste (or lack thereof) in footwear is my Achilles Heel. I clean up nice…but you really have to twist my arm (or ask me nicely). I enjoy sports, but not as much as I used too. R.A.D. (Retired Athlete Disorder). I’m loyal, some would say to a fault, but I am what I am, and if I like something, it takes a lot to change my mind. There isn’t a lot I ‘hate’, cause hate burns, but there is plenty I dislike. I like writing nonsense to keep my typing skills and wit sharp, but I also like to use words to connect on a level that I can’t using the ones that come out of my mouth (which is terribly ironic if you know my surname). I might be lazy…but I don’t want to be. Sometimes I hide behind odd metaphors and clichés…attempting to paint a prettier picture of myself...or a murkier one, but the truth invariably finds a way to shine through. I’m a minor disappointment to my family, a strange bird, a black sheep…but they still love me in their own way. I mean well and most people I’ve come across on my journey seem to have good things to say about me despite the cloud that hovers above. Depending on what I'm doing, I fuel up on Jack Kerouac, Edgar Allen Poe and Dr. H.S. Thompson...Vincent Van Gogh and Andy Warhol...or Stanley Kubrick. Despite the porcupine quills, I’m a softie. The good news is, I’ve still got time…we all do...


...we just don't know how much...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a hell of a man Neil. And I'm proud to both know you and link to your blog.

12/05/2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger neil said...

Thanks man...

12/06/2006 4:15 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

kate spade, polo lacoste, nike air max, guess pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, mulberry uk, coach outlet, hogan outlet, timberland pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister uk, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, coach purses, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, new balance, vans pas cher, nike free uk, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, ray ban uk, nike air max uk, burberry outlet, nike roshe run uk, sac hermes, north face, true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, nike blazer pas cher, true religion jeans, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online, abercrombie and fitch uk, north face uk, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air force, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, lululemon canada, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, converse pas cher

8/19/2016 12:05 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, ghd hair, ray ban, p90x workout, hollister clothing, instyler, asics running shoes, herve leger, lancel, babyliss, louboutin, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, baseball bats, converse, hollister, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, nike air max, chi flat iron, insanity workout, bottega veneta, reebok outlet, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, nike air max, converse outlet, celine handbags, timberland boots, iphone cases, beats by dre, north face outlet, wedding dresses, vans outlet, mac cosmetics, lululemon, mcm handbags, oakley, gucci, nike roshe run, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike trainers uk, hermes belt, jimmy choo outlet, vans, nfl jerseys

8/19/2016 12:05 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, canada goose, coach outlet, toms shoes, montre pas cher, ugg uk, pandora jewelry, moncler, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, swarovski, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, marc jacobs, canada goose, doudoune moncler, ugg, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, moncler uk, canada goose uk, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, pandora uk, pandora charms, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, supra shoes

8/19/2016 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home