Sunday, June 10, 2007

Jury Duty

I start my 2 weeks of jury duty tomorrow. I’m not sitting on a trial, but a police inquest. Instead of 12 jurors, there are only 5 of us. And instead of just sitting there for 2 weeks listening, and then rendering a ‘verdict’…we get to ask questions and make ‘recommendations’. It’s a lot less pressure than a trial, in so far as were not putting anyone in prison…but still, it’s a pretty heavy responsibility…especially considering the circumstances of the inquest. (woman found hanging in her jail cell).

Now, I have to be careful what I reveal to the public, as I am under some restrictions. I’m not allowed to talk about details of the deliberations between me and the other jurors, nor am I allowed to reveal how I ultimately ‘vote’ so as to maintain the credibility of the jury’s decision. However, since it will be taking up a large chunk of my life for the next two weeks, and because, frankly, I’ve got nothing else worthwhile to talk about, I’ll be posting some of my thoughts here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home