Monday, August 06, 2007

The Survey Says…

I’ve been having trouble thinking of stuff to write about recently…so today I thought I’d ‘borrow’ the survey that Alexandra did on her blog and share the results. Not the greatest survey I’ve ever done…but who knows, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two about me?

1. You have $5 and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you buy?
Probably a bag of chips, a chocolate bar and a drink.

2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
I’d like to come back as a narwhal…why not?

3. Song you're listening to right now?
No music.

4. What do you order when you're at IHOP?
Not a lot of IHOP’s where I live…but probably a combination of pancakes, bacon, home fries and toast.

5. Last book you read?
’Big Sur’ by Jack Kerouac (for the 3rd or 4th time)

6. Describe your favorite pair of shoes?
I had a couple of great pairs of converse ‘one stars’ that lasted me forever…their toast now though. I have really poor taste in footwear I’m afraid.

7. Describe the last time you were injured:
I got my finger caught in a rotary press when I worked at a packaging factory back in 2005 and almost had it ripped off. Yup…that’s right…ripped off. Lucky for me the turbine was not very powerful and we were able to stop it in time. Amazingly I still have full use of my middle finger.

8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?Probably my old university buddy J. Macgyver's got nothing on us.

9. Rock concert or symphony?
Rock concert.

10. What is the wallpaper of your mobile phone?
None.

11. Favorite season?
Autumn.

12. Are you happy right now?
Not really.

13. If you could only use one form of transportation for the rest of your life what would it be?
Chauffeured Limousine.

14. Most recent movie you've watched at the cinema?
I can’t actually remember the last time I was at the ‘cinema’.

15. Name actors/actresses you've had the hots for?
Zoey Deschanel, Heather Graham, Naomi Watts, Juliane Moore, Amy Smart.

16. What's your favorite kind of cake?
cup.

17. What did you have for dinner last night?
Turkey Sandwich, Tomato Soup, a handful of potato chips and a hostess cupcake…with a tall glass of water.

18. Look to your left, what do you see?
A desk and a bookcase.

19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Rarely.

20. Favorite toy as a child?
Probably my G.I. Joes.

21. Do you buy your own food?
Yes…yes I do.

22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Probably…we’ve got a lot of people with big mouths at my job.

23. When's the last time you had a sour gummy worm?
Its been a while. 1993?

24. What's your favourite fruit?
Strawberries and Oranges.

25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
No.

26. Do you have a quarter?
Not on me…but I’ve got a bunch in the car.

27. Have you ever eaten snow?
Yup.

28. What color are your bedsheets?
Blue.

29. What's your favorite flower?
Don't have one...but Tiger lilies are nice. Roses are pretty cool too. I like the smell.

30. Have you ever done ballet?
No. (is this survey just for girls?)

31. Do you listen to classical music?
Very, very rarely…I probably should try having some playing in the background when I write…I hear its good for the brain.

32. Do you have a "wacky noodle"?
Hmmm...I don't really know how to answer this one...

33. Do you watch Spongebob?
Not really. If its on TV and I’m bored, I might watch. It’s a pretty funny show though.

34. Last food you ate?
Another turkey sandwich.

35. Do people consider you intelligent?
I think so.

36. What time is it?
3:57 pm

37. Is your away message on?
Don’t have one.

38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
Actually yes…lucky for me I didn’t use crazy glue and was able to pry them apart.

39. What curse word do you use the most?
I think I use ‘fuck’ a little more than ‘shit’.

41. What time is your alarm clock set for?
1:00 pm (when I work nights…which I am these days)

42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
‘Soup’ by Blind Melon

43. What movie do you know every line to?
My friend and I used to know pretty much all the words to the movie ‘Friday’ when we in high school. I could probably recite most of it still. “What are you stealing boxes for? You tryin to build a clubhouse?”

44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Italian.

45. Would you ever go on a reality tv show?
Doubt it.

46. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
29

47. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
No…not really. I’m not big on physical contact. It actually didn’t serve me that well when I was working in the music industry because, well, the standard greeting the rap world is the shake/pound hybrid, followed by a quick hug. It used to bother me that this was just expected and if you didn’t do it, it was disrespectful. 'Why am I hugging you again?'

48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Last week, right before a phone interview with some big shot at CTV News (Canadian TV station)

49. What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
My last name gets slightly mangled from time to time. Its pretty straightforward…but people still mess it up.

50. If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name?
No…only if I made it as a Brazilian soccer player.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

Effin right, my man. We could rig us up a collapsable ladder using nothing but shoe laces, fecal matter, and a femur bone. We'd be oot of that well in no time.

8/06/2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Egad. All I can see now is that scene from The Machinist, where the guy loses his arm and it's just flapping away in that piece of machinery. Your accident must have been excruciating--but I'm glad it healed up and you can still use your finger.

You can "borrow" my surveys anytime you like--I rip them off from others constantly!

8/07/2007 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home