Sunday, October 14, 2007

people watching (part 3)

"I had now a good opportunity of examining his person. He was short in stature, very thin, and apparently very feeble. His clothes, generally, were filthy and ragged; but as he came, now and then, within the strong glare of a lamp, I perceived that his linen, although dirty, was of beautiful texture; and my vision deceived me, or, through a rent in a closely-buttoned and evidently second-handed roquelaire which enveloped him, I caught a glimpse both of a diamond and of a dagger." ~ "The Man Of The Crowd" (Edgar Allen Poe)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing. It makes me want to spend the day watching strangers.

10/15/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger neil said...

Yeah, he really has a beautiful way with words...

10/16/2007 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home