Friday, December 07, 2007

(don't) touch me i'm sick



I hear ya buddy! I picked up one of those 48 hour whirlwind monster colds sometime during the day on Thursday…you know the one…you start getting that tingling/tickling feeling in your nose and in the roof of your mouth…then you start sneezing…and sneezing…and sneezing…until your face looks like you just ran a marathon…only replace heavy breathing and a little bit of drool with snot running down your face as your eyes try to focus through the tears. I think I racked up like 40 sneezes in a row last night…I was a mess. I even woke up at around 5 in the morning having trouble breathing. That was kind of scary…for about 5 minutes. I haven’t been this kind of sick in a while…that all encompassing visible-sick-vapour-lines-emitting-from-my-body kind of sickness…its actually quite impressive how something can have such an effect on a body that was feeling as good as its felt in months only a few hours earlier.

So…now entering hour 30 of this wicked bastard, I feel like I’ve turned the corner, and now it’s just a matter of recouping the lost fluids (chicken noodle soup/orange juice) and getting a nice, long, drug induced sleep.

Nobody likes getting sick…but it’s kind of cool to actually be sick and have a solid excuse for feeling drained/mopey/sloppy/shitty rather than just feeling like shit for no good reason. The key is to rebound with a vengeance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Aw, poor thing. I hope you're healing fast!

12/09/2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger neil said...

Thanks...but this one is a monster. Day 4 and I'm still producing gross fluids at a record pace...I think I've blown my nose more in the past 4 days than I have in the past 4 years...

Feeling very weak and my brain isn't working like it should...but I think the worst is over...

(Neil knocks on wood)

12/11/2007 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home