Friday, November 23, 2007

Hot Rod

"Its only embarrassing if you care what other people think!"


***
{I was pretty skeptical about how good this movie would be. Sure, the previews looked funny, but I mean, it stars ‘that new guy’ from Saturday Night Live, one of his buddies from his internet comedy days, and a few other SNL cast members both past and present. It was also produced by Mr. SNL himself Lorne Michaels. So…I’m thinking, this is probably going to be more ‘A Night At The Roxbury’ than ‘Wayne’s World”…but surprise, surprise, I laughed a lot during this movie and was thoroughly entertained. I enjoyed it so much in fact, that I watched it again, and laughed at parts I didn’t laugh at the first time.

Yes, it is pretty juvenile…kind of reminded me a little of Napoleon Dynamite because of the dorky/geeky/boy who won’t grow up theme…but some of the jokes were very funny, and the stunts were very lame (in a good way). The comedy kind of reminded me of my high school days when me and my friends would just find the funny in whatever we could and then proceed to beat it to death...and it seems like these guys did the same. Some of the jokes were so bizarre that you just had to laugh at the effort. The supporting cast is also quite funny, ‘Arrested Development’s’ Will Arnett has some good lines, as does Ian McShane from ‘Deadwood’…and I now have a big crush on Isla Fisher (yes, I realize that was the intended result of casting her in this movie…but she’s just so darn adorable!)…so THAT is why I am giving this movie 3 stars (I thought about giving it 4, but that might totally ruin my credibility when it comes to my reviews, so I’ll stick with 3)


If you like dumb, silly, funny movies…Hot Rod is for you!}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home