Thursday, June 26, 2008

all aboard


Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway by J.M.W. Turner (1844)

{I was lucky enough to visit the National Gallery in London, England a number of times in 2004...and I remember seeing this painting upon my first visit and having it slowly reveal itself to me...and being totally captivated. It became an instant all-time favourite and still gives me goosebumps when I look at it. I ended up buying a print copy, and have had it, in its 'plastic bag' ever since, waiting to be framed...I wonder why I never got around to it?}

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a stunning painting. I am a big fan of the style (ie monet's london, and venice pieces). this is something I never would've seen, so for that, I thank you. looks like a print I most definitely will purchase.

7/12/2008 3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like 'Snow Storm: Steam-Boat Off a Harbour's Mouth'... thanks a million for turning my attention to this artist. not sure what other types of art you like, but check out Didier Lourenco... he has done some very intersting pieces, especially the work he did in NY. and his seascapes he has down are awesome too. I have a few on my facebook if you wanna check em out.
just search Matt G, and look for the joker 'are you serious' pic and that would be my profile

7/12/2008 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home