Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Beep Beep...

So I’m driving home tonight and I became embroiled in an intense internal debate about other drivers…and just how plain shitty and inconsiderate the average driver is today. There are many little things that really stick in my craw when it comes to driving…and in the span of about an hour, I witnessed too many to count. There was the guy who nearly cut right ahead of me to make a left hand turn into a gas station…while I had the right of way. I guess he got a good look at my face at thought I was a ‘nice guy’ and would let him in? Then there was the guy in the pickup truck that, because the car ahead of me went straight on a flashing green, assumed that his light was green too…and missed my rear end by less than a foot as he went right through a solid-as-solid-can-be red light. That almost forced me to pull over I was so hot. I mean…I came this close to being in a fairly significant accident at an intersection, and I would have been totally blameless...and buddy would have got out of his car (hopefully with no injuries...nobody wants to see that) and started apologizing profusely…and I’d just have to sit there and take it like the good Joe Citizen I am.

Then there was the lady who decided that parking in a proper parking spot a mere 10 feet away was not a good idea…and decided to pull up to the curb of the shop of her choice, causing traffic in both directions a fair bit of grief. Or the dude in his huge SUV who needed 2 tries to pull into a parking space…going forward! Get a smaller car if you can’t park jackass!

As you can see…by about the 30 minute mark of my journey, I was a few degrees away from having steam shoot out my ears. But then, after filling up with gas, just as my fury had begun to subside…the clouds parted. Attempting to turn right out of the gas station, someone waved me in. Then, a few blocks later…I flashed my beams at some lady to let her in…and got a courtesy wave for my troubles. Balance had been restored.

Sort of…

There are still a ton of really bad, ignorant, poorly taught, oblivious drivers out there…and they need to get off the cell phone, put down the blackberry and wake the f*** up…you are at the controls of a deadly weapon…and the fate of all the other drivers on the road depends on you being at your best.

I love driving. I hate traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home