Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2 rooms

The move went well. Just over 7 hours and 4 trips in the van got all the 'big stuff (bed, couches, cabinets etc.) moved...I have quite a bit of clothing to move still...but I've got till the end of the month so I'm doing it one trip at a time.

Despite the odd 'minor issue' I am really happy with my new place. Despite its size it doesn't feel small...and being able to cook and sit and watch TV at the same time is a plus.
Part of me wonders why it took me so long to leave the roommates behind...but then I remember that I haven't had to pay any bills yet...so I'm sure once the first hydro bill comes in (on top of my rent) I'll remember why living with a roommate (or 2) was a necessity. But I'm pretty confident that I'll be albe to make it work financially, and if that means cutting back in some areas, dipping into my savings, or asking for even more hours at work, then that's what I'll do. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since I moved in...this despite being physically exhausted...so I know I've done the right thing.

I've got a day off tomorrow...which sounds like a chance to relax, but between meeting with the property managers, getting an oil change, and clearing out my old place I probably won't get much relaxing done. But the fire is still lit under my feet...and my good mood seems like it should be enough to keep me going...at least in the short term.The sun out in full force was a fitting tribute to how I'm feeling today...I'm a lot closer to happy than I've been for a while...and hopefully this is just the beginning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home