Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Around & Around

Aimless wanderings and hollow dreams…that’s what all this seems like to me. Going around in wobbly circles…sometimes up, sometimes down, always upside down. The quiet of the early afternoon is my only sanctuary…no beating drums, no country songs, no yelling and screaming…my calm before the storm of the day eats up all my adrenaline and leaves me a naked mannequin. The few and far between outposts of support keep getting farther and farther away…was it something I said…or am I really that good at being invisible?

No harbouring of ill will…my harbour is all dried up. I wash my pill down with a warm glass of acid. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Clutching at thin air like I’m on a shopping spree…trying to grab as much as I can before the wind blows it all away. Talking to myself to drown out the echoes of regret. Sleeping in late under 1000 covers. Deep breaths and mini deaths.

But now its time to rev up the engine, in preparation for another night on the slave ship…rowing my way towards the dark blue horizon. Where is it we’re going again? Oh wait...I'm on ths ship alone...

Just don’t forget…I’ve got an extra helping hand in my pocket just for you. There’s no point in saving it for myself, cause helping myself is like a snake trying to swallow its own tail.

Going around in wobbly circles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home