Monday, March 19, 2007

Sit Heart, Sit...Good Boy!

Well...100 posts and counting. I'll do my best to post a little more often in the coming weeks...but work is crazy and the well is a little dry, so no promises. Seeing as how I can’t seem to keep anything short and sweet, this entry may turn out to be a failed exercise...

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I can’t seem to keep this old heart of mine under control. This pulsating, massive mass of blood, tissue and muscle that resides in my chest continues to trip me up, drag me places I hesitate to venture and forces me to do its bidding at the thump of a beat. Just when I think I might finally have tamed the bloody beast, it hops over the fence and charges at the first sight of opportunity. Opportunity, poor thing, has no choice in the matter…if my heart catches a whiff of its scent…its off to the races…dragging my unsure, slightly terrified carcass behind it...yapping the whole way.

My heart jumps up on people, bleeds on their shoes, attempts to mark its territory and barks nonsensically for far too long at the object of its attention. I tell it to shut up…to chill out for five minutes…I even go back and show it what its done wrong…but its in one ventricle, out the other with this one…and at the first opportunity, buddy is off humping legs with gusto once more.

I guess you really can’t teach an old heart new tricks...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

I had a bad bout with what I can only describe as 'heart bubbles' earlier this week. Turns out, I was just drinking too much Budweiser.

Get a leash and some biscuits. They can be tamed if you make direct eye contact and speak in a firm tone.

3/20/2007 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home