Sunday, March 25, 2007

White Rabbit

To say I had a rough night last night would be an understatement. A busy afternoon transitioned to a hectic night at the office. I arrived to a literal madhouse which did not let up for a good 2 hours or so…and then spent the rest of my time playing catch-up. Then of course, there was the fact that this was no ordinary shift…we had inventory to do!

“And did the inventory go well?” you ask.

=P

We didn’t get out of there until 5:30 am.

But that’s just the prelude to the blow up on the way home. After giving one of my co-workers a lift, I was driving down a quiet back road, listening to some tunes, when out of nowhere a white rabbit hopped into my path. Now I was probably doing 80…and in my tired, weary state, I really didn’t to be responsible for the death of a such a cute critter at that particular moment…so I veered to the right…then the left…before whale-tailing it and nearly backing into a small ravine. The car had held up well, so I turned around and started the potentially grizzly task of seeing if I had hit the poor animal. It was dark…and foggy...but I didn’t see any blood on the road. A good sign. I walked up and down the side of the road, looking for the injured animal…but found nothing. I got back into my car, did a U-turn and slowly passed by the spot again…happy to find nothing.

=)

However, my semi-relief at avoiding this rabbit was short lived as I slowly was consumed with a fury and anger that seemed to force itself out of me like a pot boiling over on the stove…pent up emotions I guess from what has been a ‘hell week’ of sorts for me. It was like someone had given me a microphone, a spotlight, and told me to say what it was I was feeling right then and there...my car a 'soapbox' (racer?) of sorts. There's just something about screaming in the car...because I got a lot off my chest. But that's between my car and me.

It seems that having this white rabbit cross my path was the catalyst for the exhuming of some very real frustration at my life in general. I didn’t get to bed for a while…and I really don’t feel ‘better’ per se…but I think what I needed to get off my chest I got off my chest…so hopefully next week is a little kinder, and gentler to me.

I sure hope that little guy got where he needed to go…

1 Comments:

Blogger Brianne said...

Huh. I screamed in the car just last week. The psycho kind of screaming. And then came the ugly cry. Must be something in the air.
Glad you and the bunny are okay.

3/25/2007 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home