Wednesday, April 02, 2008

under glass

What is it about Heinz Ketchup out of a glass bottle that makes it taste better? I bought my second one tonight after I found a place that sells them (that, or I just finally noticed!) and had it with some fries and a sandwich for dinner. The ketchup just tastes better out of the bottle. It’s the same with Coca Cola…it just tastes better from a glass bottle versus a plastic one, or even a can. Don't get me wrong...I love a cold can of Coke...but compared to a glass bottle...no contest!

Is there actually a chemical reaction, however slight, that takes place between glass and these two substances that takes the taste to a new level? Or is it simply a mental thing?

I wonder if there’s a term for that sort of thing?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home