Thursday, June 26, 2008

NBA Draft

As a recovering sports nut, I'm all too aware that entry drafts are often the peak time for rumour, gossip and anticipation as teams (and their fans) look at selecting players from college and junior programs…hoping that the next star player will be wearing their jersey next season. Its a great time to be a sports fan is what I'm saying.



Of all the players in tonight's NBA draft, the one who I think has the best chance to be a real star is O.J. Mayo. The guy just looks like a can’t miss prospect. I remember hearing about him 2-3 years ago when he was still in high school...and it looks like he's lived up to the hype. I know everyone is raving about Derrick Rose, and he will most certainly be the #1 pick tonight…and a should be a pretty good player too...but I think Miami would be making a mistake if they pass on Mayo. A team with D. Wade, Marion and Mayo would be pretty sweet if you ask me…could be the Suns of the East.



Anyway, I’m off to grab some take-out and get ready for 3 hours of sitting by my computer watching the draft ticker.

{O.J. ended up going #3 to Minnesota. You heard it here first...he'll be next years Rookie of the Year.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home