Saturday, March 30, 2013

surrounded

Sometimes it just feels like you're the only reasonable person in the neighborhood.  And sometimes, its not just a feeling.  Just the other day, I awoke to a giant industrial size bin being left on our complex's property?  Another unit getting renovated perhaps?  Then I noticed the 'Disaster Clean-Up' van parked on the side of the street.  What the...

Turns out, my next door neighbor is, how do you say, a complete and utter drunk.  So bad that they had to call in a clean-up crew to clean out his place...with him still in it.  They apparently pulled out about 50 large whisky bottles, along with bags and bags of soiled newspapers and other assorted garbage.  Turns out, he's got a cat or two and is so incapable of keeping his unit clean that he just lays down fresh newspaper over the old stuff.  The pile was at least six inches thick, I'm told.  They've attempted to take him to court to have him removed from the building, but because he's a complete basket case, and unable to fend for himself, the buildings owners (and all of us) are stuck with him.  Cost of clean-up?  $10,000.  I wonder if our rent is going up soon?

Across the hall are the new tenants, you know, the ones I mentioned in my last post who smoke in a non-smoking building, party until 3:00 am on the regular (they're at it again tonight!) and are about as disrespectful  as new tenants can be.  

Then there's the gang in the building next door, who tonight got together to threaten and intimidate someone else on my street after some sort of altercation.  Five cop cars turned up, and the 'tough guys' scurried back into their man cave and played ignorant when confronted by officers.  "I don't go looking for trouble' said the long haired, smooth talker who's constantly talking up how tough he and his boys are, sauntering around town along with his crew like they run the town.  A little smooth talk with the police and they were let off without so much as a warning.  Total, and complete bullshit!  I came this close to walking downstairs and flagging down one of the cop cars to tell them they'd been had...but I know better than to get involved in shit like that...especially when they had a lookout on the stoop making sure nobody talked to the cops.  

Then there's the drunk harpy who seems to 'lose' her keys to her apartment every other day and has to scream at her neighbor through the window to 'fuckin' let her in!  

This is what I'm dealing with.  This is my neighborhood.

I'm a good dude.  I like my apartment...it's home.  But this shit is just getting to be too much.  I'm completely and utterly surrounded by the definition of white trash...and its both embarrassing and depressing.  I can try and find somewhere else to live...but, with my financial situation, I can't really afford to move.  Like so much in my life, I feel trapped and helpless.  Stuck in a situation that I can attempt to control, but really can't.  

What did I do to deserve this?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home