Thursday, January 04, 2007

Have You Seen THIS Man?

WANTED
FOR BEING A GREEDY CORPORATE LIAR
DEAD or ALIVE
REWARD ~ $20


After quietly wondering to myself if in fact I was the only person who thought this way, I had a sneaking suspicion quietly seconded today when I stumbled upon this little nugget while surfing the net.

“No, Ken Lay was allegedly quickly cremated after suddenly dying during a ski vacation following his conviction on fraud charges, thus conveniently escaping 20 to 30 years of life behind bars. Ken Lay is in fact quite possibly tanning his fat hide on a beach on a private island bought with the billions stolen from ordinary Americans at this very moment. Sadly, Ken Lay gets the award for Least Dead Person of 2006.”

I followed the Enron story pretty closely as it slowly lurched from the company's collapse, to the media trial by fire, to the actual trial by court, and I remember thinking to myself form the get go that these greedy, corrupt executives were going to get away with it. But one by one, we saw VP’s getting 10-20 years, being whisked away to country club halfway houses…oh I’m sorry, prison…and it all looked like justice might actually be served…sort of. I mean, people lost their entire lives…and these guys only have to do 6 years? And then came the big boys.

And CEO and Enron Chairman Mr. Kenneth Lay was the biggest of them all. So what happened to him you ask? Well, he was convicted of 10 counts of conspiracy, fraud and false statements…and looked pretty guilty doing it. The final domino had fallen it seemed, and Ley was facing some serious jail time. He was due to be sentenced to his prison term (probably for the rest of his life) when…oops, he died of a heart attack while on vacation in Aspen. And the world wept.

But wait. It gets better. You see, for some odd reason, his conviction was abated a mere 3 months after his death…meaning it was as if he had never been indicted, tried and convicted. So essentially…he was a free man…only he was too ‘dead’ to enjoy it.

Notice how I wrote ‘dead’?

Face it…Kenneth Lay is not dead. My theory is that he used a small fraction of the billions of dollars he ripped out of the hands of his employees and stock holders to pay off who he had to pay off (would you lie and say he was dead, sign the death cirtificate, and go on record if his family promised you, oh, say $1-2 million in 5 years?) so that he could fake his own death like a fucking rock star and get away scott free. Think about it...why on Earth would the courts feel the need to abate his sentance just because he was dead? He's still guilty, right? I can think of only one reason.

$$$$$$$$

I can just see the grin on this fuckers face as he sits on the balcony of some resort like million dollar home in Argentina or somewhere in the South Pacific, sipping on a margarita and laughing. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if his wife and family were in the dark too. Why take a chance? I bet you he stashed a good $100-200 million in some Swiss Bank account just in case…and then, with a few phone calls to some ‘loyal’ people in very high places who know how to keep secrets, the the plan was set in motion. A few million in a dozen or so greasy palms, a chartered private jet and a one way ticket to paradise, a look-a-like corpse from the county morgue, a quickie cremation…

I don’t believe for a second that Ken Ley is dead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought he died in jail, but in light of these details I'd say it's very possible you're right. Money talks.

1/04/2007 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home