Sunday, January 07, 2007

"You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain"

As promised, I returned to the local bowling alley this week to play 3 more games. I did good.

Game 1: 134 {3 strikes, 2 spares}
Game 2: 127 {0 strikes, 3 spares}
Game 3: 166 {1 strike, 6 spares}

Total: 427 {142 average}

Previous Scores: 100, 118, 153 {123 average}

If I do say so myself, that’s pretty fucking sweet for someone who plays every year or so. It’s actually feels nice to find (or rediscover) something that I’m relatively good at…something tangible that other people (bowlers) can recognize too. I also claimed first place in the 5-year-old fantasy football league I’m in for the 3rd time in 4 years a couple of weeks ago. I'm still waiting on the parade...

Bowling and Fantasy Football…its what I’m good at. (I guess)

Sure, these two pillars of coolness aren’t going to win me many friends or impress any women anytime soon, but at this point, I’ll take what I can get, cause as it stands, the rest of my life is a cesspool of loathing, numbness and despair…so the bowling is a nice break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home