Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I asked for it...

So, you didn’t really think I’d get away with cursing the heavens without paying some sort of ‘price’, did you? Well guess what…on my way to work yesterday, in the very same car that I let loose a torrent of heavenly abuse early Sunday morning, I went to roll up my window on the passenger side door when…crunch, crunch, crunch…the damn thing disappeared into the door. That’s right…I am sans passenger side window now. The driver side one went about a year or so ago…so its not like this was out of far left field…and it ended up costing me $300 to fix…so take a wild guess how much its going to cost this time!
And just in time for my fucking birthday!
Celebrate Good Times…COME ON!!!
So let this be a lesson for everyone…if you’re going to curse out the Man upstairs, the Gods, Buddha or whomever, just remember that they always get the last word…always…and they will do their best to help remind you that no matter how bad things seem, no matter how rough a ride you think you’ve had, no matter how many things keep going wrong…something else can (and will) go sour. You can count on it!
The funny thing is, I was actually aware of the smite potential of my words soon after I had said them…and I actually considered my car as the object of said smiting. The words ‘can anything else go wrong?’ may have trickled out of my mouth once or twice…so I was asking for it, knowing full well that tons more shit could (and probably would) go wrong. At least the Gods are timely.
Lesson indeed learned…I just wish it hadn’t been such a pricey one.


2 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

I'm pretty sure the gods are rooting for you, Neil. These things happen. I'm in the same state of mind though. $2,400 in car insurance + $800 in owed taxes = massive depression. I'm building castles in low tide dude.

3/27/2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger neil said...

I know these things happen...I just found it funny/ironic that it 'happened' not 1 day after my rant at the Gods...

My history is littered with moments like these…

3/29/2007 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home