Friday, February 02, 2007

A Bakers Dozen (Solitary Confinement)

"I owe my solitude to other people." ~ Alan Watts

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down." ~ Unknown

"I am afraid to show you who I really am, because if I show you who I really am, you might not like it -- and that's all I got." ~ Sabrina Ward Harrison

"Solitude is often the best society." ~ proverb

"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them." ~ Brenden Francis

"What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality." ~ Otto Rank

"Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future. Rather, it is a deepening of the present, and unless you look for it in the present, you will never find it." ~ Thomas Merton

"Solitude is fine, but you need someone to tell you that solitude is fine." ~ Honore de Balzac

"Only in solitude do we find ourselves; and in finding ourselves, we find in ourselves all our brothers in solitude." ~ Miguel de Unamuno

"I hold this to be the highest task for a bond between two people: that each protects the solitude of the other." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"If he is to be ultimately at peace with himself, what a man can be, he must be." ~ Abraham Maslow

"Some people say they haven't yet found themselves. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." ~ Thomas Szasz

"When they are alone they want to be with others, and when they are with others they want to be alone. After all, human beings are like that." ~ Gertrude Stein


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home