Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Bakers Dozen (Life & Hard Times)

“Life is change, growth is optional. Choose wisely.” ~ Unknown

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~ Unknown

"The hardest battle you're ever going to fight is the battle to be just you." ~ Leo Buscaglia

“Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.” ~ Dale Carnegie

“Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion…I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward” ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

“To live for results would be to sentence myself to continuous frustration. My only sure reward is in my actions and not from them.” ~ Hugh Prather

“The torment of human frustration, whatever its immediate cause, is the knowledge that the self is a prison, its vital force and ‘mangled mind’ leaking away in a lonely, wasteful self conflict.” ~ Elizabeth Drew

“Fundamentally, all writing is about the same thing; its about dying, about the brief flicker of time we have here, and the frustration that it creates.” ~ Mordecai Richler

“Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind all human endeavor and human creations.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The first half of life is spent in longing for the second – the second half in regretting the first.” ~ French Proverb

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

“A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out that in the end it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.” ~ Unknown

"True commitment begins when we reach the point of not knowing how we can possibly go on, and decide to do it anyway." ~ Unknown


2 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

Get up off that floor and enact some mother effin' change. I hate to hear that you're feeling down; you don't have to make lemonade when you get lemons, throw the whole batch out and buy a pop.

Put down that pipe, get out the door, and put yourself in the position to shake that shit up. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, read to the childrens, go back to school in an entirely different subjet. I've hit the wall, and when I did I backed up and went in an ENTIRELY different direction. Go man, go!

3/28/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger neil said...

Sometimes, J, all I need a swift kick in the ass from a good friend…to force me into giving my head a shake and realizing that things aren’t so bad. However, this was not one of those times. The sentiment is appreciated brother, trust me, but all I’ve been doing the past couple of months is enacting change…I’ve been throwing the lemons away for years hoping for a batch of grapes, to no avail.

I think this time, I’m just going to keep bashing into the wall until either it falls down…or I do…=)

3/29/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home