Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Knew It



The fact of the matter is, the Leafs blew it when we lost to these guys on Thursday. What 'should' have been a 1 game winner-take-all between Montreal and Toronto last night was turned into a 'oh wait...what will the Islanders do?' game. And the Islanders did exactly what I thought they would...win their last 2 games...and slip into the playoffs, knocking BOTH the Maple Leafs and Canadiens out. I actually called it 'before' the Leafs/Islanders game while talking with a Habs fan about how these bastards could end up being the spoilers to top all spoilers. And what do you know? Totally ruined the playoffs as far as I'm concerned. Who am I going to root for now? Ottawa? Not a chance in hell!

So the Leafs miss the playoffs by 1 point for the second year in a row...I guess shootouts really do count...

Well, at least we got the Raptors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home