Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In Bloom

Waking up to a bright, warm sun in my face is a welcome change from the cold chill of months past. I got up today, looked outside and knew it would be a good day. Errands list whittled down to nothing, checked off one by one…meeting friends for lunch, talking basketball, waiting at intersections for old timers to cross the street. Elderly’s are like children…you got to be extra careful. I still had plenty to be angry at of course…traffic is always a bitch in the city without pedestrians running across the street, dodging traffic like frogger…and a few of them caught the tail end of my wrath as I sped away, but I guess that’s the cost of living in a 100 mph universe. And what was with that guy at the bank who kept staring at me? Was my fly down or something?

It looks like spring and winter are in a raging battle for seasonal supremacy. Winter doesn’t want to release its icy grip as Spring attempts to push him over the cliff. I really don’t have anything against winter, he wasn't at his nastiest this year, but the cold is starting to get to me…it is April 10th after all…and the tease of a warm sun on your face as you go about your day wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and sunglasses is just too much, especially when you’ve had the kind of winter I’ve had.

We can have some more
Nature is a whore
Bruises on the fruit
Tender age in bloom


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home