Saturday, December 15, 2007

the breaking point

I'm getting pretty close. Came home last night after working a long, arduous day…and just wanted to sit down and watch a movie in peace and quiet. But my good friends next door were once again getting their drink on and were…well…loud as fuck. This was at 12:30 am. So…seeing as how it was a Friday…I figured I'd let them have some fun and try to make the best of it. 2 hours later…with the yelling getting louder and the conversation getting more disorderly…I was about ready to lose it. So I started slamming doors in my apartment…just to give them a hint. No dice. So then I just screamed…"SHUT THE FUCK UP…ITS 2:30 IN THE MORNING…FOR CHRIST'S SAKE HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT!". All I got was a little laughter and more loud, boisterous conversation. I think they were too drunk to hear me. So then I gave the wall a couple of serious punches. They thought it was the front door.

Fed up…and at my wits end…I said fuck it, and turned on the stereo full blast, pointed the speakers at the wall…and left the room to stew in my rage.

15 minutes later…silence. And had it not been so late...I might have kept the tunes playing, cause I was actually getting into it. Blur's 'Girls & Boys' sounds pretty good blaring through walls!

So...not exactly the night I had in mind…not very relaxing…but now it was time for bed. Time on the clock…3:40 am.

6 hours later…

I wake up to the sounds of banging and loud voices. I mean...come ON, right?!? However, after shaking off the cobwebs I realized that…no…could it be…please tell me I'm not dreaming…THEY'RE MOVING OUT!! Sure enough…from the sounds of it…everything was going somewhere else. Pots…pans…tv's…boxes of white trash trash…and like an iron curtain being lifted…I felt a sigh of relief rush through my body like some sort of wonderful electric current. Nearly 9 months of dealing with this drunk and his buddies…and soon there would be quiet (or at least until the next asshole moved in!)

So…as one might expect, I was feeling pretty good this morning. I went back to sleep for another hour and a half…got up…had a shower…and, with a few hours before I had to be at work…I figured I'd go get something to eat and watch that film I had planned to watch the night before.

But then I got downstairs...got in my car....and it wouldn't start.

This is my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brianne said...

Ahhh, apartment living. I used to throw shoes and tennis balls at my ceiling to make my trashy neighbors shut up. I don't think they ever questioned if it was anything else but a pissy downstairs neighbor given that I tried to blow holes through their floor with my high heels. It sounded like they built towers of Old Miluwakee's Best cans and bowled them over with each other's bodies.

12/15/2007 10:03 PM  
Blogger neil said...

I understand that people want to be able to do what they want in their 'home'...but when its 2:30 in the morning and people are being loud and unplesant (you should hear some of the stuff I've overheard these guys talking about) and you've got someone next door...it should just be common courtesy to ‘tone it down’…but these guys don’t talk to each other…they yell…and then yell louder. I haven’t been back to my place in 2 days (due to the snow)…and I really, really hope that they’re gone for good…I just don’t want to deal with that shit anymore.

Nice to hear from you Magdalena.

12/16/2007 9:26 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Despite the shitty luck you had, this one made me laugh. Good show!

The walls in my apartment are super-thin, and my next door neighbor is always getting laid. She always exclaims her pleasure in the same rhythm too--it's like I could set my watch by the way she um, concludes her transaction. Really annoying, especially when I'm not seeing any action.

So I was pretty damn happy to shove it right back in her face last weekend. Take that, fake blonde! Fake redheads can have sex louder than you! And be more creative with their moaning! :)

It's the small pleasures--like the douchebags moving out when you were at your wits' end, right? Ok, maybe not. But still thought you might find it amusing...

12/17/2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger neil said...

'...concludes her transaction'...that's a new one! =) Nice.

Compared to your story, my 'pleasure' seems awfully small...but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I think one of the 'dudes' is still staying in the place, cause I heard him coughing up a lung this morning...so its not quite the end of them...but hopefully they'll decide to party somewhere else from now on.

As for getting your own (revenge)...good for you! Makes me think of an R (or X) rated 'dueling banjos'...

12/18/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Dueling banjo sex! That's awesome. Well, we are in Kentucky... ;)

12/21/2007 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home