Thursday, May 15, 2008

remembering strangers

As I was driving home from a friends place today, I noticed a gentleman walking along the sidewalk all of a sudden come to a complete stop. The man, dressed in a blue coat and dangling a white plastic bag from his right hand, was walking past a cemetery when he stopped and turned to read the inscription on one of the tombstones facing the road. I don’t know if it was the way the man was standing…or if it was because it reminded me of how I used to be fascinated by tombstones and graveyards when I was a young lad…but I really wished I had a camera with me, cause for whatever reason, seeing that man, hand on hip, head slightly tilted, imagining the life of some man or woman he’d never met…and the world they lived in...there’s something strangely comforting about that…and it would have made a nice picture I think.

Is that weird?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy said...

Not weird in my book. It would have made a stellar picture.

5/18/2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Not in the least. This sort of stuff goes on in my mind all the time. I wish you had had a camera, too.

6/03/2008 1:30 PM  
Blogger neil said...

thanks guys. It would have been a cool pic...

6/04/2008 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home