Friday, March 28, 2014

settle down

Sadness.  That's what I feel.  That's what I felt on the ride home.  The second I saw her, I was smacked in the face.  I actually felt something else.  I didn't like the feeling, and what it meant...but it was different.  And at this point, I'll take different.

I don't like what she is turning into.  But it's her life, and who am I?  Just a friend.  It doesn't preclude me from being honest with her, but at this point, it's not my place.  And, quite frankly, this isn't too far out of her wheelhouse, not the giant leap I'd be more troubled by.  I'm looking out for her still, she's just outgrown me.

I had a very interesting conversation at work today with someone who seems to tip back and forth on my radar for people to take seriously, and people to ignore.  He's a man of strong opinion, and strong voice.  Religion and Capitalism were pretty much the main themes we touched on and danced around, but some stuff about solitude and finding one's own path towards enlightenment came up and hit close to home.  I haven't been able to have a whole lot of Faith based discussions with people lately, as I tend to want to avoid the kind of hysteria they sometimes generate, but I'm glad I was there to get the ball rolling on that one.  Sometimes a little outside perspective that jives with what you yourself are already following adds a little resolve.  If only for a minute.

One day at a time.

Whatever. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home