Saturday, March 22, 2008

what do you call it?

What do you call what I’m doing? Drifting? Floating? Skimming? Skipping? Skipping through life? No…that makes it sound like I’m having fun. Skidding? Screaming? Shuffling? Crawling through life on my hands and knees? Not quite. Vaporizing? Disintegrating? Rotting? Rotting the promise of youth on the vine? Warmer. Recklessly dreaming? Subliminal sabotage? Spirit suicide? Detaching? Stubbornly refusing to follow the rules? Unnecessary rebellion? Air guitar?

Whatever it is I’m doing…I’m done.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

search: Harold Kushner Mary Hines

healing wisdom of the 23 psalm

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9781400042470.html

3/22/2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

I don't quite know how to read in to this post. Just know that going through thses feelings; you aren't alone. It might not make it better...but it's true.

3/22/2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Detached air guitar doesn't sound so bad. Stick with that, my friend. Remember the absurd profundity of Bill and Ted...

3/23/2008 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home